Monday, February 22, 2016

THROUGH HIM

Why in the world have we, as  Christ's warriors, allowed Satan to  reduce  us  to weak, doubtful, fearful, lukewarm, distracted, impotent soldiers?

What has happened to us, sisters and brothers, that we could ever be thus described?!


Paul, through inspiration, had a very different vision for the Christian warrior: strengthened with might, more than conquerors,  renewed day by day, victorious!

Satan whispers the old lie and we repeat it:
  I can handle this
This isn't really a problem for me
I'm a strong person
I can quit whenever I want

 And even more dangerous:               I pray every day, I'm fine!
I read my Bible regularly, more than some
go to church
I give

That LITTLE word is a BIG problem and STANDS IN THE WAY of our strength, our conquering, our renewal and our victory.


Most of us long-time Christians know these favorite verses and can quote them from memory . .  oh! but not usually the parts in bold.

". . . that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith . . ."                         Ephesians 3:14-17


"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? 'As it is written: For your sakes we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.'
Yet, in all these things we are more than conquerors THROUGH HIM . . "
Romans 8:35-37

"But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ."
I Cor. 15:57

There is no me in my strength
There is no me in my conquest
No me in renewal
And no me in victory

 As we casually glance over our shoulders, comrades are falling all around us. Too weak, too distracted, too fearful to pick up the sword that guarantees victory. And perhaps I am too weak, distracted and fearful to realize: I am one of them.

This is war!

I choose strength
I choose conquest
I choose renewal
I choose VICTORY . . .

THROUGH CHRIST MY LORD
He has already won it.








No comments:

Post a Comment