Monday, February 16, 2015

trust means doing things his way

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart,
 and lean not on thine own understanding. 
In all thy ways acknowledge Him 
                          and He shall direct thy paths"     ~Proverb 3:5


We all know it. Could probably quote it since youth. Written in the flyleaf of many Bibles.
A beautiful verse. A reassuring promise. Proverbial wisdom at its best.

But then ONE DAY
in a moment of great need
the words FLY OFF THE PAGE
and into the UNDERSTANDING.

When GOD tells us HOW to do something
but we question it:
What if they . . .
What about this . . .
Couldn't I just . . .
BUT they might . . .

This line of questioning  just left the TRUST realm and entered the
dark waters of my OWN UNDERSTANDING.
But it's not true! I have no understanding.

So, I choose TRUST.
I don't understand it.
I fear the end result.
I'm not even convinced it's the best way.
But it is GOD'S WAY.
So I  take a deep breath,
Do it exactly HIS way 
Take a step back and SEE:

HE directed my path, just as He promised,
An outcome was achieved that I could not have imagined
 I am engulfed in HIS LOVE and REASSURANCE, 

and GRATITUDE


is the irrepressible song I sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment